"Why do I need a Realtor"? Though buyers don't often hesitate when it comes to finding themselves a Realtor, sometimes they try to do it on their own until they are ready to write a contract. This could be due to a bad experience with another agent, the feeling that they can find what they want without help or just not knowing that there is someone else out there who would like to help them. Whatever the reason, a Realtor is an invaluable person to have on your side when you are looking to purchase a home. The National Association of Realtors released an explaining what a Realtor is and how they can help you.
"Why Use a REALTOR®?
All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again. Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®."
- 79 percent of buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker.
- Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power
- Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property.
- Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate.
- Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property.
- Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
- Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.