So we have all been sitting in our homes for a REALLY long time while we quarantined and if you are anything like me you are ready for a change of scenery. After watching hours of HGTV and scrolling through Pinterest I am now always convinced that I can take on my entire house in a day. However, my three kids, husband, and french bulldog are all reminders to me that I don't live in an untouched, meticulous model home.
So here I sit, looking at my home and wondering what is it saying about me? Right now, it's saying you really need your 3 kids to start picking up after themselves because you can't even see your style through their stuff! On that note, I decided to start one room at a time. The room I chose first was my bedroom. Here are some tips I used when making the small changes to my space that had a huge impact.
- Assess what you can reuse or repurpose in your room without being wasteful. It's also cost-effective!
- Choose your inspiration! I like to use Pinterest to select room designs that inspire me.
- Start with your bed. This is usually the focal point of your space. Figure out what you want to it to look like and build from there. I like to keep it simple and use white bedding. This allows me to use any type of sheet that I want and accent with pillows and throws. If I get sick of the color scheme I chose, I just replace the pillow covers and I have a whole new look!
- Create a short list of items you would like to add. You may not have everything decided in a day so jot down some items that will help you turn your space into what you want.
- Take chances with your design but don't overspend. I like to frequent World Market, Target, Homegoods, and TJ Maxx to find those unique pieces that fit my style.
So what did I change in my bedroom to make it the peaceful space I wanted? I changed one throw pillow from a navy to a neutral organic style with beige, cream, and warm jute tones. I changed my curtains from grey to organic linen, I added a rug, a pouf, and a throw on an old leather chair I have. Now my once grey room is filled with light and warmth which is exactly what I wanted. I did all of that for under $200!
Best of luck to you on your journey to create your space! I know it will be fantastic!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.